What's the Xcitement about? x.Spot Xtreme!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeMennooos
    • Aug 2000

What's the Xcitement about? x.Spot Xtreme!

Extreme brightness. Lighting professionals asked for it and received it in April 2003 when High End Systems introduced x.Spot® Xtreme -- offering the most light output -- 16,000 lumens -- compared to other fixtures in its class. Improved lamp technology, software modifications and changes in the power supply boost its brightness.

x.Spot Xtreme debuted on The Eagles' tour and is continuing to build up its resume with some of this year's top shows.

Here's the Xcitement we're hearing from lighting professionals:

LD/Video Content Director Gary Westcott, The Eagles tour, LSD/Fourth Phase: "The x.Spot Xtremes were used as the primary source for key lighting the band members and coloring the stage scenes. The Xtremes proved very reliable, which was our main consideration when using them as a key light. The extra brightness made the gobo mixing very effective and added richness to the color mixing. It was a pleasure to use a fixtue with such range and flexibility."

Lighting Director Nick Sholem, The Eagles tour, LSD/Fourth Phase: "We're doing things with the x.Spot Xtreme that we wouldn't be able to do with any other light. We're using 16 for key lighting from a trim height of more than 47 feet and they cut through brilliantly. We also have another 30 shooting downward over the band and they read brilliantly as well. A lesser light wouldn't show up."

LD Paul Black, "The Wizard of Oz," Broadway Texas: "I've always thought that the x.Spot is the perfect fixture for washing and lighting scenery because of its ability to get so large. It's got a smooth focus and a great ability to maintain focus as it zooms out. Now the x.Spot Xtreme is brighter and has enough interesting Lithos -- it's really lovely for washing scenery."

Lighting Director Jon Pollak, Simon & Garfunkel tour, Upstaging: "LD Patrick Woodroffe used the x.Spot Xtremes to great effect when choreographing the crescendo of the Simon and Garfunkel show. Coming up from the floor behind the set, slowly morphing from several focal planes in slow and steady fashion, they strafe (meaning: 'attack with machine-gun fire') the band to create the most dynamic scene in the show."

LD Robert Wertheimer, Detroit RedWings Season Opener, Spectacle Lighting Design and Ron Ruehling Associates: “I used the x.Spot Xtreme for the first time and was thrilled with it. Its color mixing gives me a real true red -- far better than a MAC 2000, whose red is actually more orange. When the team color is red, orange just doesn’t cut it. The x.Spot Xtremes have a far more intelligent color mixing system than the MAC 2000.”

LD Oli Metcalfe, Muse tour, NegEarth: "I loved the x.Spot HO, which I've used before, but the x.Spot Xtreme is a cut above. It's brighter than a MAC 2000 and the gobos are fantastic."

LD Michael Keller, OzzFest, LSD/Fourth Phase: "I need x.Spot Xtreme for the output. I need it to cut through the video wall. It's got a great color system in it and it also has the fastest color changing mechanism out there."

LD Chris Stuba, ZZ Top tour, Bandit Lites: "The x.Spot Xtremes are awesome. You can see the beams really well in the daytime. My show was brighter than it was when I programmed with the original x.Spots in the rig. The guys on the crew love the units because they don't break. x.Spot Xtreme is rock solid."

LD Heath Marrinan, John Mayer tour, TMS: "I like the extra intensity of the x.Spot Xtremes. It's a lot brighter, plus it still has all my favorite x.Spot features."

En dan vooral deze:
    LD Robert Wertheimer, Detroit RedWings Season Opener, Spectacle Lighting Design and Ron Ruehling Associates: “I used the x.Spot Xtreme for the first time and was thrilled with it. Its color mixing gives me a real true red -- far better than a MAC 2000, whose red is actually more orange. When the team color is red, orange just doesn’t cut it. The x.Spot Xtremes have a far more intelligent color mixing system than the MAC 2000.”
    Greetz,

DeMennooos

Stagehands are the infantry of show business
  • Wiggalowile
    • Nov 2003

Over de "high light output"

200 lampuren en dan is je lamp eraan \o/

Eigenlijk is het gewoon een foefje , kleurtemperatuur verhogen door de via de powersuply eigenlijk een lamp van 700 watt 800 watt te geven ..

Peperdure lampen die normaal 500 uren halen zijn nu op 200 uren erdoor , je ziet ze letterlijk voor je neus wegbranden !

X-Spot is fantastisch if "money is no isue"
    *** created light so in a way were just advertising ***.

Comment

• JeroentjE
      • Oct 2000

Dat "high end rood" sowieso mooier is dan "martin rood" is allang bekend. Dat is ook zo bij studio spot's e.d.

Nigel Tufnel: "Eleven. Exactly. One louder."
      Marty DiBergi: "Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
      Nigel Tufnel: [Pause] These go to eleven."

Comment

• FiëstaLj
        • Oct 2000

800w door een 700w peertje ?? dat wordt lastig, dat kun je namelijk niet in de voeding regelen dat regelt de interne weerstand van de lamp...

die weerstand bepaalt de stroom die door de lamp loopt en samen met de spanning komt daar het vermogen (700w) uit..
        Hockeysletten JA! BrEeZaHs NEE!

Comment

• laserguy
          • Jun 2003

en als je dus de spanning wat verhoogt krijg je er toch 800W uit (zie wet van Ohm)
          Beware! To touch these wires is instant death. Anyone found doing so will be prosecuted.

Comment

• FiëstaLj
            • Oct 2000

Ja maar dat staat er niet !
            Hockeysletten JA! BrEeZaHs NEE!

Comment

• laserguy
              • Jun 2003

toch even goed lezen:

citaat:changes in the powersupply...
              als je de voeding de spanning een paar volt omhoog laat transformeren dan krijgt de lamp wel een hogere spanning... ook dat is een "change in the powersupply"...

Waarschijnlijk is dit een ontladingslamp en deze hebben een brandspanning van ongeveer 80 tot ongeveer 150V naargelang de type en soort; het voorschakelapparaat zorgt daar voor. Met een elektronisch voorschakelapparaat kan je best regelen dat de spanning hoger wordt terwijl de schakeling ook de stroom in de gaten houdt. Zo kun je dus een lamp overpoweren: ook dat is een "change in the powersupply"

Moet echt alles letterlijk zijn voor jou?
              Beware! To touch these wires is instant death. Anyone found doing so will be prosecuted.

Comment

• Wiggalowile
                • Nov 2003

Bah , wist niet dat ik de hele uitleg erbij moest geven , cheers laserguy , soms zijn ze hier echt wel pedantic.

Anyways , die up-grade kits zijn niet alleen peperduur (1500€) maar ook nog eens de zoveelste aanpassing die eigenlijk de X-Spot maakt wat hij meteen moest zijn...

CYBERLIGHT > ALL THE REST
                *** created light so in a way were just advertising ***.

Comment

Working...